Gender Mainstreaming for Sustainable Chemistry
14th of July, 8-9:30 am EDT/ 2-3:30 pm CEST via zoom
We kindly invite you to our upcoming side event!
The virtual side event will take place during the High-level Political Forum 2022, organized by the German Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV) and the MSP Institute.
Panelists will discuss the interconnection of gender equality and sustainable chemistry with participants and will share challenges as well as best-practice examples on the integration of gender in chemicals management in the context of SDG 5 on gender equality and SDG 17 on partnerships for the goals.
- Introduction and facilitation by Dr Minu Hemmati, MSP Institute
- Short explanatory film on gender lens by MSP Institute
- Welcoming speech by State Secretary Dr Christiane Rohleder, BMUV
- Panel discussion with speakers:
- Dr Hans-Christian Stolzenberg, German SAICM Focal Point, German Environment Agency
- Eskedar Awgichew Ergete, Executive Director, Eco-justice Ethiopia
- Jorge Ocaña, Manager of Chemicals and Waste Management Programme, UNITAR
- Tripti Arora, Gender Coordinator, International Pollutants Elimination Network (IPEN)
- Reflections from the floor
- Girma Gemechu Kenne, Director-General, Environmental Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Directorate, Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission (EFCCC), Ethiopia
- Anna Isabel Becker, Policy Manager and Gender Focal Point, International Sustainable Chemistry Collaborative Center (ISC3)
- Q&A with participants
We are looking forward to your participation, questions and comments!