45 min for gender
Webinars on Gender Equality and Future Chemicals Management
Dear SAICM stakeholders, dear everybody,
please join us once a month for 45 minutes on gender equality and its interconnection to the world of chemistry! Every last Tuesday at 2 pm CEST, there will be opportunities to learn from experts and discuss how we can create a gender-responsive future framework for the sound management of chemicals and waste.
Webinars will be held via Zoom. Registered participants will receive individual access information via email, prior to the webinars.
Every last Tuesday of the month – at 2 pm CEST:
- WEBINAR 1 – 28th of July: Chemicals and gender – why it matters?
- WEBINAR 2 – 25th of Aug: Gender and chemicals in different sectors
- WEBINAR 3 – 29th of Sept: Gender and chemicals in practice
- WEBINAR 4 – postponed date 01st of Dec: Gender and Green and Sustainable Chemistry
- WEBINAR 5 – 24th of Nov: Gender in the UN System – why it’s important for SAICM
- WEBINAR 6 – 22nd of Dec: Gender and SAICM Beyond 2020
POSTPONED – WEBINAR 4: Gender and Green and Sustainable Chemistry
new date: Tuesday, 01st of Dec – 2-2.45 pm CET
New approaches of green and sustainable chemistry want to transform the chemicals sector and its traditional ways of thinking to provide safer alternatives and to contribute to sustainable development. But what can green and sustainable chemistry mean from a gender perspective? In our fourth webinar, we want to discuss with you how gender justice could and should be included in the approaches and brainstorm how a gender-just green and sustainable world of chemistry would look like.
Prof. Dr. Klaus Kümmerer – Director ISC3 Research & Education Hub, Leuphana University Lüneburg
Dr. Hans-Christian Stolzenberg – German SAICM Focal Point, German Environment Agency
Dr. Arn Sauer – Research Officer for Gender Mainstreaming of the Gender Equality Officer of the German Environment Agency (tbc)
Please register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIpceGrpjoiHd3SgG5K9KOobDH7nuIY4wRk
- Confirmation: Once our team has approved your registration (registration link above), you should receive a confirmation e-mail. In the confirmation email there is an option to download a calendar reminder for the event. This calendar invite will contain all of the information you need to join the event: link, password, dial-in numbers, etc. Please, do not forward your individual access information to third parties.
- Zoom: We will use Zoom for the seminars. The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features and functions best on Google Chrome. Participants joining through the web client will need to be signed into a Zoom account, which you can create here. We recommend that you download Zoom for this event.
- Recording: The webinar will be recorded and published on our webpage afterwards.
- For any questions or issues, please contact: anna.holthaus[at]msp-institute.org